Home

Sunday, November 20, 2011

What specific challenges do I foresee in implementing my action research on campus ?

Week 4 Discussion: What specific challenges do you foresee in implementing your action research ? How do you plan to address those challenges ?



#1 Challenge: Unexpected teacher absence.
Solution: Email to the teacher to reschedule the interview and observation.


# 2 Challenge: Teacher’s and interpreter’s comfort for observation.
Solution: Meet with teacher before the observation to explain the purpose of observation and ask their preference of observation setting (observer’s seat arrangement).



#3Challenge: Teacher understanding my role as internship and observer and do not confuse with teacher assistant or volunteer.
Solution: Meet with teacher before the observation to explain my role of observer.



#4 Challenge: Since I will be observing in the resource/self-contained classroom setting, I expect to see some student behavioral disruptions.
Solution: Discuss with teacher before the class observation about my role and boundary, how to handle with student’s behavior disruption and review the class procedure for behavioral management.



#5 Challenge: The interpreters may pause the interpreting during lecture to ask me for sign for a word.
Solution: Discuss with interpreter before the class, if the interpreters do not know the sign for the word, and then write the word on the list instead of pausing and asking me for the sign during the lecture. We will review the signs for the words after the class.


#6 Challenge: Limited budget and difficulties scheduling and implementing staff development focus on areas of sign language and deaf education for teachers and interpreters.
Solution: Discuss with supervisors to bring feasible solutions to make it possible to implement the professional staff development regarding to my action research.

No comments:

Post a Comment